There are many good reasons for saving money, but it is far more fun if you are saving for something that you really want. Set a goal. Make it SMART: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and set a Time to achieve your goal.
Think carefully about what you are saving for, or “Why” you are saving your money.
The next few questions may help you!
- What is it that you want to save for?
- Why is this important to you?
- How will it make you feel when you have acquired the thing you are saving for?
- How much will you need to save and by what date?
Amount $__________ Date _____________
- Place a picture of the thing you are saving for where you will see it daily!